Sunday 15 November 2009

Sleepless Nights

So...It's 1.19 am and I have to be up in a few hours. I can't sleep and felt the urge to write. I'm not sure what I want to write about right now and wish I still kept a diary so I could just write down a bunch of nonsense. However that's not the case so instead I'm going to write down some of hopes and dreams.

After spending the evening watching episode after episode of CSI with my family I realised just how much I hope and want to be a part of something like that. Acting has completely taken over my life recently and it's what I live for. Every spare minute I have is now spent learning lines and reading plays. Oscar Wilde is an amazing playwright and every time I read one of his plays it really seems to stick with me...Please bare in mind it's very late/early and what I write might not make much sense! ...I want to be a part of something like CSI or House or Lost or Flash Forward or Gossip Girl...You get the picture! These TV shows matter to people and I want to matter to some one. I want to be remembered for the work I do as an actress. I just need a chance to show what I can do. I've loved acting ever since I was little and I remember joining my first acting company and playing Prince Charming's foot girl in Cinderella. I also remember playing one of the three kings in a school Christmas nativity play.

I've been asked what would be my favourite role to play and I'd quite like to play a superhero! Star Trek was the film that inspired me to take acting classes and the characters in that are kind of like superheroes in my eyes. The X Men cartoon was also a big part of my childhood and I guess that love of comics and superheroes has always stuck with me...one day I know I'll play one...watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment